Friday 27 September 2013

Do you want to write a novel? Join us!

Is our time, baby...

Have you ever thought about write a novel? Do you have a lot of ideas, but never find the moment? Do you want to write but don't know what?

 Maybe today is the day, my dear. 

 We are preparing a workshop about all the things you ever want to know about how to write a novel. How to find the motivation, how to develop the characters, how to create a world only by yourself. Is a challenge, of course, but it deserves so much fun. 

 Our goal would be to take part in NaNoWriMo and write a complete (or something like that) in November. 50000 words in one month… An entire novel from your heart to the paper in only one month… Are you prepared?

 The workshop starts the Tuesday 1 of October, at 16:00 h. at the American Corner, in the Sofia City Library. Every Tuesday we will meet at the same hour, to talk about our novels, about our fears, about our writing. We’ll share our motivations, our tips and tricks, our ideas. Maybe it wouldn’t easy, but it would be funny.

 So, if you want to write a novel, this a great opportunity!

 Would you miss?

3 comments:

  1. Hello! It seems I have missed these interesting autumn sessions as I discovered your blog today, but I'm really very keen on writing (and I'm trying hard to discipline myself and finally finish my writing project) so I wondered whether there will be a spring edition of these writing workshops? Furtheremore, as I have just come back from Spain to Bulgaria (I'm Bulgarian myself but studied in Spain last year) I really miss communicating with people from other countries and practicing my language skills. Is there a schedule of your activities somewhere?
    Thank you in advance!
    P.S. I'm Vanya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vanya, good to see your comment and interest.
      The writing workshop was organised by a previous volunteer, my colleague Sarah. Our group have now finished their service but the library has got four new EVS volunteers (who are now continuing the blog and all the other activities). I don't know if they are going to run any workshops but perhaps you could get in touch with them via the library and find out? Good luck, Agne.

      Delete
    2. Hey Vanya! As you will see on the first post in our blog right now, we have some workshops coming up! Actually there's going to be creative writing on Saturdays starting tomorrow, so we'll be happy to see you!

      Delete