Monday 15 July 2013

NaNoWriMo in Sofia, a creative (and mad) adventure about writing novels

Are you ready, inner writer?

I have to confess that I’m a bit nervous about this project. I think I’m not mad, only nervous. This is the first time that the Sofia City Library is going to host the NaNoWriMo and, well, I really want everything to be perfect.

 PER-FECT.

 The NaNoWriMo project is a great idea for this kind of people who constantly say Oh, I really want to write a novel… one day. Or Oh, I have thinking about this perfect plot for ages, maybe I have to write down… one day. 

Write a novel is quite easy. I’m not talking about a really good novel, a masterpiece. I’m talking about write a complete story, with a beginning, middle and an end. 50000 words of your story. About vampires, princesses, cheerleaders or blacksmiths. About whatever you want to write. 

And, yes, the keyword in the last sentence is WANT.

 NaNoWriMo is a very exciting project about personal goals and craziness about literature. The National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) was founded in 1999 by Chris Baty, an overcaffenaited mad man who thought that was possible to write a novel in only one month, the month of November.

 Err… Ok, Chris. Fine. Sure. Whatever.

 Actually, I trust him. Really. It’s possible to write a novel in one month. Maybe not the perfect novel, maybe only the first draft, or only the beginning of your story. But if you want, if you really want, you can write it. It’s not so much. Only 50000 words in a month. Nearly 2000 words per day.

 That’s all. 

I did the NaNo since 2004. Sometimes I reached my goal, sometimes not, but I always enjoyed the process. If writing is part of your life, part of your passion, you have to try, at least once in your lifetime. 

And why not try this next November?

 In the Sofia City Library we are preparing a lot of activities about the NaNoWriMo. Yes, the NaNo is in November what we want to do a lot of things before this crazy adventure starts. We can talk about creative writing, about plots, about how to develop characters and more and more. 

So... Do you want to write a novel… this November? Do you want to join us in this exciting challenge?

 Great! You only have to visit us at the Sofia City Library and ask about madness NaNoWriMo. I would be very glad to hear about your novel. Really. And then, we can procrastinate together, talk about your main characters or plot bunnies. So.Much.Fun. I promise. 

Stay tuned, writers!

More Info |  NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment